Updated June 23, 2021
Please read this policy carefully before sharing information with us so you understand our practices regarding your information. By using our website, Platform, rental vehicles, or communicating with us, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our use of your information as described below or in any revisions to this Policy.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies or can be used to contact a particular individual. As described below, GoVibe collects different types of personal information from you when you create a member account, use the GoVibe Platform, rent a GoVibe rental vehicle, or use our website.
1. GoVibe collects the following information when a Member account is created:
- Name and contact information
- Date of birth
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license or other government-issued identification (e.g., passport)
- Background, driving record or credit check information
- Username and password provided by a Member in establishing a Member account
- Emergency contact information
- Photograph, social media handle or digital or electronic signature
- Publicly available information (e.g., social media public posts)
2. GoVibe When a Member uses the GoVibe Platform, we collect:
- IP address
- Information on the interaction with the GoVibe Platform
3. When a Member rents a GoVibe rental vehicle, GoVibe will also collect:
- location data, including the real-time, precise location of a rental vehicle
- Any photographs submitted by a Member, including copies of a driver’s license
- Information about relevant health conditions to allow GoVibe to provide Special needs or optional equipment
- Rental vehicle information, including the location and date for the Reservation, type of rental vehicle and any preferences
- Other vehicle preferences (e.g., vehicle type, including provision for ski rack or surf rack)
GoVibe is not responsible for any information left in a rental vehicle due to a Member’s use of technology such as Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. GoVibe cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of that information, and a Member must delete it before the rental vehicle is returned to GoVibe.
4. When you visit our website, GoVibe collects:
- Information you submit through a website form, including your first name, last name, address, email address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- Information regarding your usage of our website, including details about how and when you use the website, the IP address or device identifier used to access the site, pages you have visited within the site, and length of time spent on the site
5. GoVibe may collect personal information from various other sources, including:
- Directly from a Member by telephone, fax, postal mail, email, at a GoVibe Hub or during a GoVibe Rideshare, upon completion of an application or enrollment form
- Through a Member’s use of the GoVibe Platform
- From our vendors and third parties such as a travel agent, an account program in which a Member participates or through a GoVibe partner program
- From GoVibe affiliates and third parties that may provide us with information about Members
- Automatically from devices used to connect with the GoVibe Platform
- From social media accounts linked with a GoVibe Member account
- From third party service providers, data brokers or business partners
- From government agencies or public records
A Member may choose not to provide certain personal information but this may prevent GoVibe from providing service, or limit the ability to provide the level of service expected from GoVibe. GoVibe may use or augment the personal information received with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties.
GoVibe may also aggregate, anonymize, or deidentify any personal information collected such that the information is no longer capable of identifying a specific Member or website visitor. In that event, the information is not “personal information” for under this Policy and may be used by GoVibe for any purposes without restriction.
How GoVibe Uses Personal Information
GoVibe may use the personal information it collects to:
- Provide and administer services such as reserving and delivering GoVibe rental vehicles
- Communicate with Members regarding the services available through the GoVibe Platform
- Provide customer service and support
- Enroll and administer loyalty and reward programs
- Research, develop, maintain, manage, protect and improve the GoVibe Platform and services available through the GoVibe Platform
- Analyze data, or have a third party do so on behalf of GoVibe
- Send information to Members about GoVibe affiliates and business partners and any products and services that might be of interest to Members
- Payment Processing
- Evaluate the utilization of the GoVibe Platform
- Develop a profile of GoVibe Members based on interactions with the GoVibe Platform in order to provide a more personalized experience and service
- Protect GoVibe’s legal rights and manage the security of the GoVibe Platform, GoVibe Services, and property
- Prevent fraud and protect GoVibe’s business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of the general public
- Present the website and its content to visitors
- Update and improve our Platform and services
- Perform other functions as otherwise described at the time of collection
GoVibe’s rental vehicles may be equipped with Global Positioning Systems (“GPS”) for vehicle tracking and anti-theft purposes. GPS allows us to determine the location of a GoVibe rental vehicle during a Reservation. GoVibe’s rental vehicles may also be equipped with technology that monitors driver behavior and accident detection factors. GoVibe uses this data to manage where its rental vehicles are parked, locate a rental vehicle that has been reserved, provide roadside assistance, improve services, locate lost or stolen vehicles, and enforce GoVibe’s legal rights.
GoVibe may also combine a Member’s personal information with information obtained from other sources, including third parties, in order to provide more customized Services and product offerings.
How GoVibe shares your personal information
GoVibe will share your information with the following parties:
- A Member’s employer or organization if the GoVibe Platform is used under a corporate or other commercial account
- GoVibe’s program partners (e.g., relocation company or frequent traveler program) when GoVibe has been requested to send details of a Reservation to obtain benefits from that program
- GoVibe’s service providers, which includes but is not limited to: advertising networks, content providers, credit card processors, data processors, website development and support, fulfillment services providers, e-mail list hosting companies and distribution companies; provided that such service providers are not permitted to use a Member’s personal information for any secondary purpose
- Any intermediary a Member may use to use the GoVibe Platform, such as a travel agent, broker or booking engine
- Independent licensees who are engaged to provide services for GoVibe through the GoVibe Platform
- A Member’s credit card issuer
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agencies
- Government or private organizations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic and parking citations
- Driver licensing authorities, directly or through intermediary organizations, as may be needed to verify compliance with GoVibe’s eligibility requirements
- Government, regulatory, and law enforcement agencies, or other parties where the disclosure is required or authorized by law, and otherwise as GoVibe may believe is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, governmental request, subpoena, or similar investigative demand, or to protect or defend GoVibe’s rights or the rights or well-being of GoVibe employees, Members or others, or if a Member is involved or is suspected of being involved in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order
- To a buyer or other successor prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GoVibe’s assets or equity, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred
GoVibe may share your personal information with our affiliates. GoVibe may also transfer or assign a Member’s personal information to third parties as a result of or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization, or liquidation of GoVibe
Please note that certain companies are allowed to place tracking technologies like cookies on the GoVibe Platform. Those companies receive information about the interactions with the GoVibe Platform and may use that data to deliver relevant ads on the GoVibe Platform.
If a Member or prospective Member uses the GoVibe Platform or website, certain information may be collected from their computer or device as a result of the use of the GoVibe Platform. As with many websites, GoVibe may use both session-based and persistent “cookies” and/or other technology (e.g., web bugs, e-mail bugs, clear GIFs, web beacons, tracker GIFs and “clickstream” data logs) in the GoVibe Platform or through GoVibe’s electronic communications to enhance the functionality of the GoVibe Platform and GoVibe’s services. These technologies allow transactions and other activities to be more convenient and efficient. The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
1. IP Addresses
GoVibe collects IP addresses for the purposes of: diagnosing problems with GoVibe’s main computers and servers, for system administration, to report aggregated information to GoVibe’s business partners, and to audit the use of the GoVibe Platform. In select instances, GoVibe may use IP addresses to help us identify a Member or prospective Member if it is deemed necessary to enforce compliance with this Agreement or to protect the GoVibe Platform, GoVibe Members or others.
3. Web Beacons
Our Platform and website may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
4. Third Parties Cookies and Technologies
Third parties (including, but not limited to, software vendors, advertisers, advertising servers, content providers, and services providers) may also use similar technologies by or through the GoVibe Platform or through their own websites. In connection therewith, such entities may collect information about a Member or prospective Member and their activity on the GoVibe Platform and their own websites. GoVibe does not control these third parties and is not responsible for the actions of such third parties. It is highly recommended that Members and prospective Members review their terms and conditions and any applicable privacy policies.
Advertising on the Internet
GoVibe may use third-party technology and service providers to serve advertisements throughout the Internet and the GoVibe Platform. Information may be collected about visits to and interaction with the GoVibe Platform and utilized to generate targeted advertisements for goods and services. This information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, or similar technology which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. Information about this practice and your option not to have this information used is available at NAI Consumer Opt Out.
GoVibe may also share GoVibe Platform usage information with selected third parties for the purpose of producing targeted Internet banner advertisements on the GoVibe Platform and other websites. Such third parties may provide web beacons and cookies for use by GoVibe and may utilize GoVibe Platform usage information which is a current standard for commercial activity on the Internet.
The GoVibe Platform may contain links or references to third party websites. GoVibe does not control these third parties and is not responsible for the actions of such third parties. It is highly recommended that Members and prospective Members review their terms and conditions and any applicable privacy policies.
Social Media Profiles
As an option, GoVibe may allow Members to link social media profiles with their GoVibe Member account in order to provide a more personalized service or experience with the GoVibe Platform. GoVibe may add or remove this functionality at any time in its sole discretion. A Member may unlink a social media profile at any time.
Use of a Social Media Profile
If a social media profile is linked to a Member Account, GoVibe may collect and use information from the social media profiles to personalize the Member’s experience on the GoVibe Platform. Examples of such information may include:
- Profile picture
- Marital status
- List of friends
- Professional information and background
- Personal preferences and activities
Such information may be used to among other things:
- Provide personalized offers through the GoVibe Platform or other forms of electronic communication authorized by a Member
- Update a Member Account
- Publish status updates posted on a linked social media account
- Share an upcoming Reservation through a linked social media account
GoVibe is not responsible for any personal information a Member may choose to post or make public on social media even if the post or share incorporates the GoVibe Platform in some manner.
How we protect personal information
The security of personal information on the GoVibe Platform is a primary concern for GoVibe. GoVibe follows generally accepted standards of internet security to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, through the use of firewalls, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, and other similar technologies, as GoVibe deems appropriate. It is GoVibe’s policy to retain personal information for a period deemed appropriate by GoVibe in its sole discretion to fulfill the purpose for which the personal information was collected or as required by law. Unfortunately, despite GoVibe’s best and on-going efforts, GoVibe cannot guarantee that personal information stored on our servers or transmitted to or from a Member will be 100% secure. By using and interacting with GoVibe through the GoVibe Platform, Members and prospective Members acknowledge and assume such risk.
Members are responsible for protecting the security of a Member account password and any other security information needed to access the GoVibe Platform. Members shall be responsible for any access to the GoVibe Platform using the Member’s account password. If the security of a Member’s account password is breached, the Member shall immediately inform GoVibe. Members are responsible for logging out of a Member account at the end of a visit to the GoVibe Platform. Members are responsible for and control the use of their passcode and access to the Member account. GoVibe shall not otherwise be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from a Member’s failure to comply with such obligations.
GoVibe will never request sensitive information such as credit card numbers or Member account passwords in an e-mail, text or on a website that is not located at the domain name used by GoVibe or an affiliate. If you receive an e-mail or other correspondence requesting such information via e-mail or to a website that is not on the GoVibe domain name or GoVibe affiliate domain name, please do not provide such information, and report such request at firstname.lastname@example.org@govibe.com
Choices Regarding Your Information
GoVibe promotional e-mails allow for Members to “unsubscribe” or otherwise opt-out of promotional e-mails by following instructions in the e-mail. Members may contact GoVibe at email@example.com to unsubscribe from firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from communications.
GoVibe promotional e-mails allow for Members to “unsubscribe” or otherwise opt-out of promotional e-mails by following instructions in the e-mail. Members may contact GoVibe at email@example.com to unsubscribe from communications.
Mobile Application and Location-Based Services
Minors under the age of 18 are not allowed to access the GoVibe Platform. The GoVibe Platform is not directed to minors under the age of 18 and, should we discover that a minor under the age of 18 provided personal information to the GoVibe Platform, we will promptly delete such information.
Personal information is retained only for the time required to complete the purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. If personal information is no longer required, GoVibe shall delete such information.
The GoVibe Platform is controlled and operated from the United States and shall only be subject to the laws of the United States. Any information provide to GoVibe through the use of the GoVibe Platform may be stored, transferred between and accessed from the United States and other countries which may not guarantee the same level of privacy protection. GoVibe may need to send Member’s personal information to other countries during the normal course of business. GoVibe shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the privacy of GoVibe’s Members is maintained.
Please note that we do not alter our Platform or website’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your device.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
© 2021 GoVibe. All Rights Reserved